Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver (CDL B)
at Airgas, Inc.
Home Every Night – Benefits – ConsistentHours – Stability
Are you ready to be part of apassionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Apply Now and moveyour career forward with Airgas as a
What youwill do:
As the “face of Airgas”, the Delivery Driver is responsible for safelyand efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regionalbusiness customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a companyprovided straight or box truck. The Delivery Driver loads, unloads, delivers,and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgascustomers.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinderscontaining compressed gases to customer locations. Delivers compressed gascylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries andpick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receiptpurposes. Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise. Returnsempty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations.Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or tothe customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issuesexperienced by the customer.
- Performs cylinder inspections per operatingprocedures.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicledocuments by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truckcounts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehiclemanifests, vehicle placards, cylinder labeling and load nesting and strappingat all times comply with Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR) and all governmentregulations including, but not limited to, those issued by the Department ofTransportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal MotorCarrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), andthe Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspectionsdocumenting deficiencies; ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Strictly observes all safety rules and promptlyreports any accidents or injuries to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift and otherwarehouse equipment.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- The above job functions are illustrative of theduties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intendedto be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet theongoing needs of the organization.
What youwill need:
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Class B Commercial Driver's License.
- Valid USDOT Medical Examiner's Certificate (card).
- Hazmat Endorsement (H or X Endorsement).
- Ability to operate a vehicle with an air brakesystem (no air brake restrictions on CDL).
- May consider individuals with the ability toacquire a Hazmat Endorsement or the skill to operate air brake systems as acondition of employment.
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A or Bprofessional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a cleandriving record to include no more than one (1) DOT moving violation and no morethan two (2) DMV moving violations in a personal vehicle within the last three(3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting adiploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and priorAirgas specific experience.
- Prior experience in the gas, welding and safetysupply industries preferred.
- Familiarity with onboard computers preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under somepressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
- Ability to clearly and effectively speak tocustomers and employees as well as legibly write.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and othermaterial handling equipment.
- Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication,and division in various units of measure to include whole numbers, commonfractions, and decimals.
- Basic mathematical knowledge; ability to calculateratios and percentages with a calculator.
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA,and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to thisposition's responsibilities.
Airgas offers a full benefits package thatincludes: Medical, Dental, Vision,Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick,Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistanceand much more!
Airgas,an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical andspecialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largestU.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammoniaproducts and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one millioncustomers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertisethrough its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robuste-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an AirLiquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services forIndustry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint andindustry-leading technology and innovations.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability