Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Genesee & Wyoming Inc.
A crew caller schedules and calls train and engine service employees to work in accordance with labor agreements.
- Coordinates pick-up and delivery of relief and expired crews based on federal hours of service requirements.
- Performs various administrative duties relative to federal hours of service requirements.
- Evaluates and monitors train and engine service inactivity and adjusts the train and engine service workforce levels as required to meet service demands.
- Evaluates train and engine service requirements to increase labor productivity for the train and engine employee workforce.
- Assists in all activities which support the operation of the train and engine crew management, including crew lodging, transportation, job assignments, and manpower balancing etc. to ensure that train positions are filled to operate the railroad in a safe and efficient manner.
- Analysis and Problem Assessment - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal/Communications Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; speaks and writes clearly and listens to get clarification.
- Customer Focus - responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Initiative - volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Teamwork - balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Attendance and Punctuality - is consistently at work on time.
- Motivation - demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Database and computer skills.
- Education Required or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma or GED
- Related Experience Required: 2 years work experience; must possess a working knowledge of day-to-day railroad operations and practices.
- Related Experience Preferred: 3 years relevant work experience in railroad operations.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.