Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Systems Technician
at Johnson Controls.
- Install, program, configure, commission and service Fire Alarm, CCTV, Access Control Systems.
- Execute projects on time and within allocated installation hours.
- Work with the project manager to resolve all discrepancies, and coordination problems that impair installation activities.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Read and interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Coordinate the installation activities with all trades to optimize installation time.
- Attend all required site meetings.
- Instruct and train customers on functional operation of the equipment/system.
- Conduct simulations and answer questions.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills by consistently communicating with the district staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete project documentation in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in a scheduled On-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years documented experience in low voltage electrical systems, including Fire/Life Safety systems, Access Control, Nurse Call, and Paging systems.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools test equipment, multi-meter usage, digital analyzer and commissioning devices.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Ability to lead & work well with team members.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes
- NICET certification preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.