Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Matco Tools
Purpose of the position
Key player of our dynamic and growing Shared Service Centre Accounting team, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for legal entities' financial accounting and reporting across the EMEA region. This role will ensure a timely and accurate monthly close, helping to improve and build sustainable processes and maintain a robust control environment. Further, this role will interface significantly with both finance and operational regional leaders. Unique opportunities to develop and learn are available in our fast-moving and results-orientated environment which places a heavy emphasis on continuous improvement.
• Control and maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations and balance sheet reviews with management and internal/external auditors
• Analyse and investigate cost centre expenditure with Regional Controllers and cost centre owners.
• Review and report out monthly actuals to Regional Controllers with commentary and variance analysis.
• Load monthly actual results to HFM – global financial consolidation system, ensuring compliance with US GAAP.
• Prepare monthly Intercompany invoices and reconcile month end balances with global regions.
• Preparation of Quarterly schedules for corporate reporting.
• Assist in the preparation of local statutory Financial Statements & Tax packs for GVR entities
• Standard and non-standard monthly journal postings and GL reconciliations.
• Management of the fixed asset postings and reconciliations, including purchases, disposals and depreciation.
• Daily bank postings and reconciliations ensuring all payments have the correct sign off in line with policy.
• Month end accruals review and posting.
• Preparation of key reserves for review with regional controllers.
• Drive efficiencies and process improvements, ensuring compliance with company policy & procedures, local and US GAAP requirements
• Adhoc duties as required
This position will interface with the Accounting Team Leader and Accounting Manager for the EMEA SSC, Regional Business Controllers, EMEA Finance team, Cost centre owners, EMEA AP and AR teams, operational business leaders and external auditors.
Measures of Performance
• Month end deadlines – reporting finished by COB Day 2 on month end.
• Status of reconciliations and swift resolution of differences/reconciling items using daily management.
• Successful, concise and timely audits
• No Accounting Surprises by management of risks
• Good customer feedback from key internal partners
Gilbarco Veeder Root is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Background and Skill
• Part-qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA).
• Technically skilled with experience of month end reporting and reconciliations for multiple European entities
• Experience of fast moving stretch culture in a medium sized business
• Excellent system and spreadsheet skills
• Experience of a shared service environment desirable
• Experience of IFS ERP system and Blackline Software desirable
Personal Trait Profile
• Pick up processes rapidly / quick learner
• Manage and prioritize workload to hit tight reporting deadlines
• Good communication skills with the ability to work well with staff of all levels
• Ability to adapt to change
• There will be a requirement for travel to the region during the year. This is estimated to be approximately 20 days annually.