Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Technician
at Nortrax Inc
Summary of Primary Functions:
As a field technician you will be responsible for repairing and maintaining electric, diesel and gasoline industrial, construction and forestry equipment generally independently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Read job order and observe all aspects of the equipment in order to determine the malfunction and plan the fitting work procedure.
- Test unit to verify conformance with specification or operating requirements such as specified horsepower and lifting performance.
Fabricate special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Remove, replace, and repair tires, undercarriages, and earth moving and timber harvesting attachments.
- Enters a legible description of work performed onto the work orders.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs miscellaneous housekeeping duties associated with the job such as maintaining and caring for the shop tools and equipment.
Reads schematics denoting operating specifications for unit or component and type of evaluation required.
- Help ensure that our new and used whole goods are in good working condition
Education, Skill, and/or Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; plus a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
This person must possess a valid driver’s license and Forklift Certification.